Manufacturer of colorful travel tripods MeFOTO is launching its first video tripod via a Kickstarter campaign, and there’s a new brand name to along with it. The MeVIDEO GlobeTrotter will be the first of this ’new‘ company’s tripods, and will feature a new leveling head design and a choice of aluminum or carbon fibre legs.
With a maximum payload of 8.8lbs/4kg, this travel tripod is aimed at the serious video market, including those using large DSLRs and lower end dedicated professional video Kameras.
The MeVIDEO GlobeTrotter comes with an aluminum ball and socket-style leveling platform, and a head that offers a long panning handle. The handle can be switched for left or right-handed users, and the four-section legs spread to three positions as well as reverse folding for storage.
For low angled shooting, the center column can be split in two so the shoulders can be dropped close to the ground, and the top half of the column can be attached to one of the tripod legs to create a monopod. MeVIDEO also allows the head to be completely removed from the shoulders and leveling platform, so it can be used on other accessories such as a slider or crane.
The GlobeTrotter will have a maximum height of 65.7in/166.8cm and packs away to 21.9in/55.7cm. It will weigh 6.06lb/2.75kg in carbon fibre and 6.64lb/3.01kg in aluminum.
Users will have a choice of black or ‘titanium’ finishes, both of which are expected to cost $500 for the aluminum version, and $700 for the carbon fibre version although there are, of course, special deals for those pledging support for the campaign at an early stage. The company expects to ship in January 2018.
For more information or if you’d like to put down a pledge of your own, visit the MeVIDEO Kickstarter page.
MeFOTO Announces Launch of MeVIDEO Offering First-Of-Its-Kind Travel Video Tripod
MeVIDEO’s sleek design and unmatched usability provides on-the-go filmmakers with an exceptional video tripod experience.
MeFOTO, the innovative tripod manufacturer, today announced the launch of MeVIDEO, a new sister company focusing on the film and video market with a travel video tripod available now on Kickstarter. Incredibly durable, lightweight, thoughtful and intuitive, MeVIDEO is the ultimate high-quality and full-featured travel video tripod.
„We created MeVIDEO with one simple goal: to create the best compact, travel-friendly, user-friendly video tripod ever for today’s on-the-go filmmakers and videographers. We wanted to create a tripod that makes sense from the moment you put your hands on it; something detailed, yet approachable – and then, to make it incredibly beautiful“
Brian Hynes, MeFOTO + MeVIDEO Brand Marketing Manager.
MeVIDEO GlobeTrotter features include:
- Reverse folding legs to allow for a more compact folded form that makes it perfect for traveling
- Integrated Leveling Platform for precise, intuitive positioning of your Kamera on the center column without needing to adjust legs.
- Removable Flat Base Head featuring ratchet-style metal adjustment knobs for leveling.
- Head can be used on other flat surfaces such as certain sliders, jibs, half ball adapters and more.
- Split/center column allows for maximum flexibility as well as providing the ability to get very low to the ground.
- Support for multiple Kameras ranging from the Sony A6500, Panasonic GH5, Sony A7SII, Canon 5D Mark IV to the Canon C100.
- Independent locking positions for the legs allow for easy setup on any terrain.
- Integrated, stainless steel spikes can be expanded or retracted into the rubber feet for stability on any surface.
- Converts to a monopod. Simply unscrew the center column and combine with the padded leg.
- Available in anodized aluminum or carbon fiber in black or titanium and comes with a padded canvas carrying case for additional protection when traveling.
MeVIDEO launched their Kickstarter campaign today, with the goal of raising $50,000. Kickstarter contributors will receive a discounted rate of $349 for the aluminum and $499 for the carbon fiber model. When MeVIDEO publicly launches in early 2018, the retail price is expected to be $499 for the aluminum and $699 for the carbon fiber model.
MeFOTO offers two styles and multiple sizes of strategically designed travel tripods in both aluminum and carbon fiber in a variety of colors. They are ideal for on-the-go photographers, and now filmmakers, at every experience level. www.mefoto.com and www.mevideo.co